Math Potentials provides quality programs. Each program requires extensive preparation.
We commit on your behalf when you register. For these reasons our terms and conditions on joining the Math Circles Coaching Program are as follows:
- AGE/GRADE LIMITS (in September) 10 to 17 years or Grades 5 to 12 (unless you're a part of the Early Math Program, which is for ages 3-5 years old). Grade 4 students may join only if they score high enough on the readiness assessment test. Please email email@example.com to request the test.
- Refund Policy: Math Circles refunds are only issued in the event of a student leaving due to illness or to their family moving away, in which case a WRITTEN NOTICE must be given to this office. There is a $95 non refundable deposit for the Full Year term. The remainder of the tuition and materials fee refund will be prorated based on the number of classes that passed when notice was given, or when the student stops attending classes, whichever is later. If we cancel a program then we will issue a full refund.
- Refunds due to time/location conflict: This policy applies only to new students who register into the Math Circles program for the fist time and do not have the option of choosing class time and location upon registration due to the unknown class placement (which is to be determined subsequently by the result of the Readiness Assessment Test). If we cannot accommodate the requested campus placement of a new student, then we will issue a full refund minus a $35 fee to cover administration costs and the payment merchant fee. This can happen if classes are full, or the level into which the student placed is not offered at the requested campus. Once the class placement result is sent out by Math Potentials, you will have one week to request a refund due to any such conflicts.
- COST OF MATERIALS is a one-time fee payable upon registration. Current amount required is stated on the registration form.
- ABSENCE/PUNCTUALITY (Please see RULES). In addition, written requests are required for students to make up a class at a different campus. Requests should be emailed directly to the affected teachers (home teacher and teacher at the campus where the class is made up) and students should be aware that teachers may have already prepared their photocopies and may not have enough to hand out to the extra student. Teacher emails can be found by clicking on their names on the schedule.
- "BRING A FRIEND" is a privilege offered to students twice in the school year. Due to space considerations, make sure that you check with your instructors a week prior to planning on bringing a friend.
- Mathematics is by nature a disciplined pursuit. Any disruptive behaviour may result in suspension or dismissal.
- Regular attendance is essential. Unexcused absence may result in suspension or dismissal. In the event of unavoidable absence a written note must be brought.
- Punctuality is essential. Habitual lateness may result in suspension or dismissal from the class.
- Students are reminded room facilities are the properties of University and must be treated with respect. Behaviour before and after classes around the premises must be of the highest order.
- In all classes the teachers, instructors, professors, and other adults will be addressed formally (Mr., Mrs., Ms., etc)